Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Paleo Chia Pudding


 24 hours until Mal's arrival! We haven't seen each other since July, so this reunion is long overdue. Mal hasn't even seen me since I started my paleo transformation, so she hasn't had the pleasure of tasting any of my new creations. I wanted to make sure she gets fed well when she arrives, so I cooked a great crockpot chicken recipe that I will post tomorrow, and I did my best attempt at "Rice Pudding" paleo style which is really chia seed coconut pudding. Back in the day in Stamford, Mal and I used to eat rice pudding every night after dinner together, so I thought I would finally try to recreate our favorite treat. The recipe is inspired from Deliciously Organic, and it came out great. The texture and flavor differ quite a bit from your standard rice pudding, but this is a simple and delicious dessert good for ice cream and rice pudding lovers like me!

Ingredients:
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. organic maple syrup
- 1/3 cup chia seeds

Instructions:
1. Whisk together coconut milk, vanilla, and syrup until well combined
2. Add chia seeds, and stir consistently for a few minutes so all seeds are coated
3. Let sit for 1-2 hours so the seeds can expand in the liquid. 
4. If you prefer it cold (I do), stick the mixture in the fridge or freezer. Note that this will significantly harden the pudding since the coconut milk solidifies at cold temperatures.



No comments:

Post a Comment