Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2012

The Health Coach Revolution

Have you heard about the health coach revolution? If not, check this out... http://www.wellandgoodnyc.com/2012/11/15/the-coming-of-the-health-coach-revolution/# I am proud to announce that I am three weeks into the Institute for Integrative Nutrition (IIN) program, and it has been a fabulous experience so far. The program is extremely flexible, so I am able to get all of the reading and assignments done on nights and weekends while still working full-time. I have done a lot of unofficial health and wellness coaching over the years (meal plans, workout programs, emotional healing, etc.), and I finally decided to dive into the world that I have always been so passionate about. The best parts so far have been meeting enthusiastic, like-minded people and taking a deep-dive look at my own life and treating myself as my first official client. In a matter of a few short weeks, I have already felt the benefits. 

One of the things I am tasked with is to complete some health history sessions with prospective clients (or friends/family that want to help!). If anyone is curious, definitely shoot me an email or leave a comment. You will have a chance to fill out a simple health history form (everything is confidential), and then we will discuss things relating to sleep habits, nutrition, cooking habits, family health history, and overall wellness. I need to practice as many of these as possible, so don't be shy!

On an unrelated note, I woke up this morning to the best email from my aunt:

Ms. Paleo:

What can I prepare for you for Thanksgiving?

Yours truly,
Ms. Veg


I hope that all paleo people with non-paleo families are as lucky as I am! My vegetarian aunt couldn't be more accommodating, and I am counting down the days until thanksgiving.  I am planning on making a brussel sprout dish with pomegranate seeds and toasted nuts inspired by my new favorite restaurant The Gallows along with some sort of squash/coconut casserole. For dessert there will probably be an apple pie/crisp and maybe a paleo cookie/bar of sorts. Stay tuned for all of the recipes!

2 comments:

  1. This means that you can no longer eat the marshmallows off of my plate. All is well in the world

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an end of an era. The good news is that I am never giving up on the turkey!

      Delete