Pages

Friday, January 4, 2013

Paleo Gigi Salad

Happy Friday! I can't believe it, but I am officially on vacation. My week at Canyon Ranch starts on Sunday, and I am so excited! I just signed up for all of my services which include a detoxifying ritual, marma chikitsa, acupuncture, and a healing energy treatment. I will report back on everything when I return. I am just shy of a 10-year reunion for my last visit to the ranch, and I cannot wait. I will be trying over 2 dozen exercise classes, listening to amazing lectures on health and wellness, taking cooking classes, and spending a significant amount of time reflecting on the new year and everything I am grateful for. I have to say I am pretty thrilled 2012 is behind me, and I have such a wonderful list of things to celebrate and appreciate for the years ahead. 

Tonight's recipe is my take on the Gigi salad which comes from the Palm Restaurant. I made this recipe as part of my cooking duties on Christmas, and I fell in love with it. I remade it on New Years Day for my dinner party, and it was a big hit. I have to admit this would be a perfect addition to a summer BBQ, but it is delicious in the winter too. The recipe is incredibly easy, only has 5 minutes of cooking time, and is a gorgeous addition to any meal. Give it a shot at your next dinner party or potluck!

Ingredients:
- 1 lb. green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 lb. beefsteak tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 3/4 lb. wild-caught shrimp, peeled & chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- 1 lemon
- Sea salt & pepper 
- Optional add-ins: hard-boiled egg & crumbled bacon

Instructions:
1. Boil green beans for 5 minutes, drain, and then rinse with cold water so they stop cooking
2. Mix green beans in a large bowl with the tomatoes, onion, shrimp, and avocado
3. Dress the salad lightly with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, juice from one lemon, and salt and pepper
4. Top with hard-boiled egg and crumbled bacon if desired

No comments:

Post a Comment