Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pure & Simple Dry Roasted Almond Butter

I am on a roll! After yesterday's success with homemade almond milk, I decided to move onto almond butter today. I really hope my future children appreciate all of the hard work I'm putting in now so I will be prepared to feed them the most healthy and delicious food in the future! The only thing that would make this recipe more fulfilling would be if I grew the almonds myself. I thoroughly enjoyed my afternoon snack of a local apple with homemade almond butter and a cup of lemon herbal tea. It was a great choice considering I had all the ingredients in the house and didn't have to go outside into the 10 degree weather!

I am so excited to share that I am almost pre-certified as a health coach through the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. In a few more weeks I will be able to start meeting with clients and will be offering an introductory 6-month program. The best part is that I will be able to do this in person, over the phone, or over Skype, so location doesn't matter. I have been loving the program, and it is definitely keeping me busy on nights and weekends along with my full-time job! I am looking forward to helping people with their health goals with everything from wellness coaching to meal planning. I have a lot of fun ideas for the road ahead and can't wait to share them with all of you. In the meantime, go make some almond butter!

Pure & Simple Dry Roasted Almond Butter Makes 1.5 cups, Prep time: 2 min, Cook time: 15 min

Ingredients:
- 2.5 cups raw almonds

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Cook almonds for 10-12 minutes on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
3. Transfer warm almonds into the food processor
4. Process almonds for about 5 minutes until smooth and buttery - you may need to scrape down the sides of the food processor every minute or two so it blends evenly

  
  

1 comment:

  1. Dry roasted almond butter is scrumptious. I love to taste them this weekend.

    ReplyDelete