Pages

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Perfect Paleo Le Creuset Quiche


Last year at work I had a financial services client who was starting up an avocado ranch business, and he was nice enough to send me a box of a dozen beautiful avocados from his backyard in sunny California. It was a pretty exciting day at the office when the box arrived. It's worth mentioning that the client never told me that he sent them, so needless to say, my coworkers and I were quite confused. It turns out that anytime a client sends a box of avocados, it is a good day. My client Tim has fully launched his company and website Red Hawk Ranch and ships freshly picked California avocados across the U.S. for incredibly reasonable prices. I highly recommend ordering a box next time you are in the mood for a guacamole party!

Today's recipe uses my absolute favorite kitchen tool - my teal le creuset pot. Ryan gave this to me for Chrismannukah last year (thank you!!), and it is so beautiful that I actually keep it out our stove at all times. I am not sure if it is a coincidence or not, but every single thing I have ever made in this pot comes out perfectly. I have created quite a few crustless quiches in this pot, and I encourage you to get one and try them out! The recipe below combines some great green veggies, but you can also add some sauteed chorizo, bacon, or any other meat if your breakfast eaters are looking for some extra protein and texture. 

The le creuset pot is also incredible for soups and stews. Friday's creation for my cookbook was a sweet potato and chicken curry stew. I have my third photo shoot on Monday and then will be over halfway through the photographs for the book! You can check out some of the pictures, a video of me, and all of the info on my kickstarter campaign. Don't forget to pre-order your copy! The campaign ends on May 28th, so there are less than two weeks left!

Perfect Paleo Le Creuset Quiche: Serves 3-4, Prep time: 10 min, Cook time: 1 hour

Ingredients:
- 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 6 oz. spinach
- 6 organic, cage-free eggs
- Salt, pepper, and garlic powder

Instructions:
1. Heat olive oil over medium-low heat in your favorite Le Creuset dish
2. Add onion, and cook until soft (about 10 minutes)
3. Add broccoli and cook another 5-10 minutes
4. Add spinach and cover for 2-3 minutes until wilted
5. Whisk eggs in a bowl with a dash of salt, pepper, and garlic powder
6. Pour eggs over the veggies, and cook for about 40 minutes until set

 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment